Preliminary Meeting 24 March 2022
Directions from the
Direction 1 – Hearing Dates and Evidence Exchange
Plan Change 28 is to be heard by independent accredited commissioners: Greg Hill (Chair), Sheena Tepania, Gillian Wratt, and Nigel Mark-Brown.
The following website provides a useful overview of the hearing process and tips on how to present your submissions: www.environmentguide.org.nz/rma/planning-documents-and-processes/participating-in-the-plan-change-process/
Direction 2 – Facilitated Expert Conferencing and Meetings’
This process is available to those submitters who wish to present at the hearing and/or engage experts on their behalf. The timeframes and requirements for this process are set out in the Direction from the Commissioner.
Direction 3 – Continuation of Expert Conferencing
Advising that the Hearing Panel will allow Expert Conferencing to continue after the deadline of 20 May 2022 – in accordance with paragraph 8 of Direction 2.
Friend of Submitters
Emily Bayliss Friend of Submitters will be available to submitters to provide advice on the RMA hearing preparation including:
- The Pre hearing meetings (Preliminary meeting and expert conferencing)
- The Hearing process
- The submitter’s role in the hearing
- How best to present an RMA submission at a hearing
- The role of the experts in the hearing
- Discuss (where appropriate) joining other submitters to collectively present submissions.
Please contact Emily by phone 021 0814 2991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Visits for Experts
Coordinated site visits are being organised by the applicant, due to the large number of submissions and therefore potential number of requests for access to this site, individual site visits will not be organised. Please contact the applicant before 25 March to arrange a site visit for experts. Mark Lile – email@example.com or 027 2443388
Alternative dispute resolution/prehearing expert conferencing
- DHB Planning record – 22 April 2022
- Economics - Joint Witness Statement – 27 April 2022
- Planning (2) – Joint Witness Statement – 26 April 2022
- Geotech - Joint Witness Statement - 4 May 2022
- Transport - Joint Witness Statement - 4 May 2022
- Transport (2) - Joint Witness Statement - 10 May 2022
- Urban Design - Joint Witness Statement - 5 May 2022
- Flooding (2) & Stormwater (2) - Joint Witness Statement - 6 May 2022
- Landscape (1) - Joint Witness Statement - 11 May 2022
- Recreation including Dennes Hole Report - Joint Witness Statement - 13 May 2022
- Ecology including Terrestrial Values Assessments - Joint Witness Statement - 13 May 2022
- Heritage - Joint Witness Statement - 16 May 2022
Memos to the Hearing Panel
Further evidence and information provided by the applicant in advance of the hearing
PDF document to come.
Submissions and Further Submissions
- Summary of Decisions requested
- Original Submissions 1 – 50
- Original Submissions 51 – 100
- Original Submissions 101 – 150
- Original Submissions 151 – 200
- Original Submissions 201 – 250
- Original Submissions 251 – 300
- Original Submissions 301 – 350 Part A
- Original Submissions 301 – 350 Part B
- Original Submissions 351 – 366
- Original Submission 367 – Save the Maitai
- Original Submissions 368 – 400
- Original Submissions 401 – 450
- Original Submissions 451 – 500
- Original Submissions 501 – 550
- Original Submissions 551 – 600
- Original Submissions 601 – 650
- Original Submissions 651 – 716
Proposed Plan Change 28 Documents, Private Plan Change Request and further information
See the Private Plan Change Request Documents and further information at www.nelson.govt.nz/private-plan-change-28-maitahi-bayview
These documents show the proposed changes to the NRMP chapters and Planning maps and should be used in conjunction with the Submission Form to identify your Submission points.
- NRMP - VOLUME 2 - Chapter 07 - Residential Objectives and Policies - REd 9, RE3.1.viii, RE3.9 and RE6
- NRMP - Chapter 07 - Residential Rules - REr.106D, REr.109.5 and Schedule X Maitahi Bayview Area - 22Oct2021
- NRMP - VOLUME 2 - Chapter 09 - Suburban Commercial Objectives and Policies - SCd 1, SCd 8 and SC4
- NRMP - Chapter 09 - Suburban Commercial Rules - SCr.69.C and SCr.71.2i) - 22Oct2021
- NRMP - VOLUME 2 - Chapter 12 - Rural Objectives and Policies - RUd.8, RU2.ii(b), RU2.1.iA, RU2.2.iA and RU5
- NRMP - Chapter 12 - Rural Rules - RUr.77C
NRMP Planning Maps
Public Participation Process
The process for public participation in the consideration of the proposal under the Act is as follows:
After the closing date for submission, Nelson City Council must prepare a summary of decisions requested by submitters and give a public notice of the availability of this summary and where the summary and submissions can be inspected.
Once the summary of decisions requested is publicly notified, the following persons may make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made:
- any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest;
- any person who has an interest in the proposal greater than the general public has; and
- the local authority itself.
If a person making a submission asks to be heard in support of his or her submission, a hearing must be held.
Nelson City Council must give its decision on the provisions and matter raised in the submission (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions) and give public notice of its decision within 2 years of notifying the proposal and serve it on every person who made a submission at the same time.