PUBLIC NOTICE - BROOK VALLEY HOLIDAY PARK (CAMPGROUND)
APPLICATION FOR LEASE AND MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT
Nelson City Council (Council) is calling for applications to lease the Brook Valley Holiday Park (Campground) at Brook Reserve. The successful applicant will also enter into a Management Agreement with the Council for the management and operation of the Campground.
The Campground is located on Local Purpose (outdoor leisure, camping, conservation and education) Reserve and the Lease is to be granted in accordance with section 61(2) of the Reserves Act and section 7(1)(h) of the Public Bodies Leases Act 1969.
Applicants will need to complete the Public Application Lease and Management Agreement Form which is available at on this page or by contacting email@example.com.
The Lease and Management Agreement will be for an initial term of five years with three rights of renewal of five years each.
Rent and Management Fee
The rent for the premises will be $1.00 plus GST (if any) per annum.
The successful applicant will be paid a Management Fee of $400,000 plus GST (if any) per annum by the Council as the Council’s contribution to funding the maintenance and operation of the Campground.
Existing improvements located at the Campground will remain in the ownership of the Council and be subject to the Lease and Management Agreement.
Copies of the Lease and Management Agreement are available on this webpage or by contacting the Council’s Customer Service Centre at 546 0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lease will be subject to relevant provisions of the Reserves Act 1977 and the Public Bodies Leases Act 1969.
Applications must be submitted by completing the Public Application Lease and Management Agreement Form.
All applications will be evaluated under section 17 of the Public Bodies Leases Act 1969, including having regard to the purpose for which the Reserve is held as well as the suitability of the applicant to develop and manage the Campground operation.
The Council’s decision will be final. More information can be found in the Public Application Lease and Management Agreement Form.
The Council is not obliged to accept any application and may withdraw the request for applications at any time.
Closing of Applications
Applications must be submitted no later than 17:00 hours on Wednesday 13 September 2023.
Applications may be submitted electronically through the Shape Nelson page, by email to email@example.com, or in writing to Nelson City Council, 110 Trafalgar Street, Nelson 7010.
- Does the application form need to have all supporting documents attached?
- Please clarify what the guarantor means in this application. Would a group be sufficient, or would each individual trustee need to be personally liable?
- The agreement mentions vulnerable employees under the Employment Relations Act. Are there staff coming with the campground agreement?
- Is the Campground home/cottage included in the agreement?
- In section 4.5 of the Management Agreement document, the process mentions bringing in property valuers as arbiters. Can we use a business valuer instead?
- Insurance – What would be covered by the Lessee, what would be covered by NCC?