Resurfacing updates and more information
Work on our roads can be very disruptive, especially during the day. We want to minimise any disruption so have got a Resource Consent that allows us to work during the evenings (RM205196).
While that may help with the traffic disruption, we understand that it might be noisier for some residents and businesses.
Resealing some of our busier roads and intersections at night will significantly reduce disruption. The following are the areas planned for resealing this coming summer (2023).
- Hardy Street - Sunday 26 March 2023 - Tuesday 28 March 2023 - Complete
- Bisley Ave - Tuesday 28 March 2023 - Thursday 30 March 2023 - Complete
- Fuji Court - Thursday 30 March 2023 - Friday 31 March 2023 - Complete
- Echodale Place - Friday 14 April 2023 - Complete
- Riverside - Sunday 14 May 2023 - Tuesday 16 May 2023
- Wildman Ave - October/November 2023
Note: Trafalgar Street has moved to day-works in May 2023.
We are happy to offer earplugs if you think you need these. Earplugs are available free at any of our libraries (Nellie Nightingale in Tahunanui, Stoke Library or Elma Turner Pop-up Library), or our Customer Service Centre.
It is also possible to use white noise which can be used to reduce the impact of background noise.
We will try our best to minimise noise where possible. If you have any concerns, queries or complaints regarding the works, please feel free to call the Nelson City Council Customer Service Centre (03 546 0200). This will be recorded and passed on to our Contractor (Fulton Hogan). Each complaint with then be assessed, and where possible, actions or additional monitoring undertaken to control noise.